Sunday, July 27, 2008

I have bee a little worried about #3 also having autism. Since there is the genetic factor there is a large possibility. Before I thought that if I just don't vaccinate we won't trigger anything and then when the child's immune system is stronger, perhaps we can vaccinate, say by...age 4? Or we would think about it again by then.
But some kids are born with autism.

So this pregnancy is not filled with future plans and hopes and dreams. It is getting through the nausea and it is being calm and not taking medication and eating healthy organic foods when I can eat. It is not as fun to swear off McDonalds fish sandwiches and brownies like I scarfed down my first pregnancy. It is not as fun to be scared of having my bladder completely destroyed and not being able to sit because of hemeroids. I'm scared that I am not in good enough shape to get through labor and what if they have to do a C section or what if I don't make it. I know this sounds crazy and I don't really think that too much or anything. But I think with loosing my sister while she was pregnant and with the autism gene that we obviously could pass on...this is kind of a more solum pregnancy. I don't want a shower (not that I would get one with #3 anyway). But I do look at websites and blogs that have natural baby stuff like toys that are wooden and fabric and a bit different from the ones you buy at Target.

We closed on our new house on Friday. It is exciting but the changes are coming like paint balls.
me.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I know it's hard! When I was pregnant with my younger son, my older was just being diagnosed. And all of the "oh crap! What if the same thing happens?" came up. Fortunately, it didn't happen. I don't know if it involved vaccines (younger didn't have any,), or that I detoxed all the crap in my first pregnancy (sorry, older son! I didn't know I was so toxic! I thought I was pretty healthy!) or just chance...That said, there's so much to worry about, but so many wonderful things to come!

We all do the best we can with what we are given, and I hope none of your worries come to be!