Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hello Again

I haven't posted in ages for a few reasons
1. I am in baby world and loving it
2. I am working hard on building up my business in town so I don't have to travel to film the weddings
3. AJ is doing really well and I haven't had much to report
4. I started a blog for my business and have been spending time on that

So, for an update. Emmy is all roly poly cherubby tubby little thing. But it is all from breast milk, not Cheetoes. She is happy and calm and sweet, not fussy. Although over the past couple of days she has started teething and being a bit grumpy. When I realized I had an easy baby on my hands and not much money, I decided to really get the business going and to get it going here in town so I don't have to be away from Emmy for long. So nursing is going well. After I took Diflucan for a couple of weeks everything got better and it was smooth sailing from the on (despite 2 mastitas bouts that I kicked without antibiotics).

AJ is in summer camp now and has made a friend...another little girl who is on the spectrum. I saw her the other morning when I dropped AJ off and was a bit surprised that her hair wasn't brushed at all in a way that looked a bit neglectful and her outfit was like she had found it at the bottom of the dirty clothes hamper. But this camp is expensive so there isn't poverty involved. I almost said something to AJ's teacher but then decided that a kid could look that that sometimes over the summer and I perhaps next time I see her she will be a bit more groomed. But then I saw her again and it was even worse. I thought, well, maybe they take hippie to new levels? I don't know, but this is AJ's new great friend. She has a twin brother who is also in the summer camp with them. AJ wants me to invite her over and I will, but as usual this is very nerve wracking for me as I have no idea what the reaction will be from her family. I will post about it after I send the note/invite.

We are going on a beach vacation next week. This is our first real vacation that will last for a whole week. DH's family is renting a beach house and we are going to drive up and meet them there. The kids are so friggin excited. I think it might be a bit of a challenge with a baby on the beach, but I am going to get one of those beach tents from OneStepAhead.com

OK, I'm finally tired.
goodnight,
me

No comments: