Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wow so much has been going on

AJ started 1st grade and I was once again reminded that I have a little girl with autism. I guess over the summer I was able to kind of forget. At summer camp she happily played, made friends and had a nice time. She did the little work books that I made for them and things were pretty chill. We just all kind of hung out and gave Emmy lots of attention.

Now...she is going on a "work strike." Her new teacher is sending home pages and pages of homework which are worksheets that she didn't do in class. We spent 2.5 hours yesterday (with breaks) doing homework like writing spelling words and doing math problems that she can do in her sleep. So it has been a tough transition and she started her little cough/tic again. Her little cough comes back when she is stressed out. At speech today her speech teacher was worried about her being so stressed and said she wanted to figure out a way to "help us." I have a feeling that means a psychologist or something. I told her I will take any help I can get to keep my little one comfortable and happy.
me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bless her heart. School can be tough on everyone...