Sunday, August 2, 2009

The happy panicker

Good afternoon. This morning I slept and slept while DH made blueberry pancakes for the kids and did laundry and then cleaned the kitchen. Please call me the luckiest person in the world. 

Acutally he probably did it because I had really bad anxiety last night for the first time in a long time. I actually had gone to sleep at 10 then woke up at midnight in a panic. I called to DH who finished up his video game level then came in to see what I needed. I told him my skin hurt and I was panicking. I told him that I didn't want to look at these same f....ing walls. He said that the laptop was right there and so was my iphone. I said no, I need a book or photos or something. He left and came back with a big wad of photos from the photo drawer, many of which were from our wedding. That made me smile and we went through them together. Then when we got to the photo of my parent's old house at Christmas time I started to cry. They sold that house yesterday. It was on the market for over a year, almost 2 years I guess. It is a huge 5 bedroom 3 bath, two story red brick house with a huge front and back yard and our swing on the oak tree out back. They sold it for $175,000 which is digustingly low for that amazing house...my childhood house. But the people buying are really excited about it, which makes it better for some reason. 
So I realized that is why I woke up panicking. I also was panicking for a very, very, weird reason. It was this video, this short 4 minute story that I watched right before bed and then seemingly for hours, played in my head like clockwork till I woke up freaking out. If you watch it and can figure out why I was panicking about it, I'd love to hear your theory because I have none. p.s. he didn't give them 50cents.
me.


No comments: