Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gluten Free, Casein Free, Soy Free

I hear about people trying Gluten Free Casein Free and it not working but I wonder if they took out soy or not, or if they tried it for a good period of time. When we were off the diet, AJ lived in a fog. If I mess up the diet, she goes back into her fog. On the diet, she is aware of her surroundings. On the diet (very strictly) with methyl b12 shots added, she is awesome.

I have to be so strict about keeping any trace of soy, gluten or casein out of her diet and it is such a pain. Soy is almost as bad as gluten too. I have a feeling that most people do not do the diet this strictly and I have a feeling that if they did, that the results would be different. This means also cutting out fast food and anything that is processed. It means keeping the salt and sugar intake low and simply getting rid of anything with a long list of ingredients on the label.

I don't think that the diet is given a good enough chance. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have that feeling. I want to know if I am wrong so tell me if I am wrong.
me.

1 comment:

Jennifer Tijou said...

Hi--just found your blog (researching taurine,go figure), sounds a lot like mine. We are GFCF free as well, and I agree with you. Not placing any blame on anyone, but you have to be strict and REALLY try for a LONG time to truly rule it out as not working. We tried it once when my boys were about 2, but they ate so little of anything, it was difficult to stick to--fast foward 4 years and it is working miracles now!!!