Friday, July 31, 2009

shingles and nursing

It is day 4 of this shingles business. My rash is looking pretty awful but I don't have open wounds. In fact I wonder if it is clearing up without getting revolting. I hope so. I don't know if that is possible though. The Tegaderm plastic cover things are working really well. Emmy is nursing on that side now (no more pumping except to get milk for AJ and Owen) and when Emmy nurses it actually stops the itch, which is really nice. The main bad thing is that if I forget and scratch it, it feels like someone is holding a match to my skin. So I have only forgotten twice. My right eye feels kind of funny. I hope that nothing weird goes wrong with that. It is itchy and kind of sore.

I'm writing this down because I didn't see any day by day accounts when I looked up shingles on the internet, so I wanted to document it a little bit incase anyone else had a mild case of it like me and wanted to see what it is like each day. The very best thing I am doing is resting. DH is coming home for lunch so I can sleep and that makes me feel so much better.

So since Owen hasn't had any dairy, his stuttering has stopped. One of my friends told me that there must be a major genetic allergy to dairy in my family. I told her I think it is totally weird that the allergy is neurological. The she said, "Hasn't your anxiety been much better?" She is right. It has. I am happier now than I have been in many many years. Maybe that is because I have my third baby and we have our own house. But I don't know. Maybe it is because my brain doesn't do well with dairy also? Hm, that seems like a stretch and I miss my pizza for sure.

OK, goodnight for now.
me.

No comments: