Monday, July 20, 2009

Oh my god

So I am going to be home with the kids for 5 weeks before school starts. FIVE WEEKS. I can't afford more summer camp or babysitting. And I have a huge wedding video that needs to be done in 3 weeks that will take about 80 hours to edit. How do I do that with 3 kids at home with me during the day...one being a 4 month old? So I am up tonight working on it. This post is my break, along with some chips and hummus.

So I have decided to change my game plan a bit. I am now going to offer less expensive videos and do less editing. I never wanted to do that before. I just wanted to do super fun challenging stuff, with lots of cool effects and music, and charge a good amount for it. But I am FREAKING out right now because I am getting no bookings. I guess no one wants to spend $3000 on a wedding video these days. For the big ones I was traveling, even out of state. But now I won't travel because of Emmy and no one in our little college town is snatching us up, or even knows about us really. I have been trying to shmooze the local wedding vendors this past month but with no bookings I don't even have $ to buy more business cards to give out. I am doing everything I can on all the social media sites short of completely spamming people, and we are having a photographer and his family over for dinner on Friday. I am going to do a bridal show in September that is breaking the bank for us now. I didn't think the economy would affect us since people don't stop getting married. But it has...and we are buying groceries on the credit card this week that we just paid off with our taxes a few months ago.

This sucks.
me.

me.

No comments: