Monday, July 27, 2009

A helpful Yahoo Answer to my question about Shingles

My Question:

When do Shingles start to hurt? I am on day 1 and no pain but worried the rash will start to hurt?
I have covered the rash with bandages and see red lines down my back where I guess it is spreading to. I have no pain and mild itching. My dermatologist prescribed Valtrex but I see no need to take it if there is no pain, but I am worried the pain may suddenly start. Does anyone have any experience with this day by day?
Thank you for any help.



Answer: (from a very smart 13 yr old!)

Yikes. im sorry to hear that you have shingles. im 13 and i got them this year. yes, they will get very painful. but what helped me SO much, (my doctor didnt even recomend it, my mom told me:) is calamine. its a pink liquid. you apply it on the rash and leave it there. what it does is drys out the blister and then they will tend to fall off. i had to gob on the calamine. its very cold also and feels good when you put it on the rash. relief. i put it on with a cottonball. so i would start with that before the pain comes because trust me, it killls. but dont be scared. because you'll feel a whole lot better with calamine on(: aha. and also, when the calamine starts to work and dry the blisters out, DONT scratch at them or pick at them. it will leave scars:/ i have a collage of dots on my side and chest because of these nasty little thingss. and dont pop them either. this will spread the diease.

P.S. sorry i dont have a day by day.. but the first couple of days i didnt feel anything. i thought it was acne or something. but when the blisters start to really pop out of your skin, you will feel it. just be strong.(: and good luck!
Source(s):
experience.. *sigh*

No comments: