Monday, January 14, 2008

Amazed at other mom advice

So I wrote to another mom on myspace who has children who are "recovered" from autism. I emailed her some information about A.J. and this is what she wrote back:



(((((Sounds like you have alot of low tone issues meaning you are likely low in carnintine as well as fat and protien digestion.....doing enzymes specifically pancreatic ones will help, things like evening prime rose oil, CLO (do non soy based ones like kirkmans) and then taking carnintine (more likly acetyl-l-carnitine) with it for best transport, my daughter used to cry just going up and down the stairs with it, she put on 10 pounds LITERALLY in 2 weeks on this, my son couldn't ride a bike, in 4 days on it, drove it across the parking lot.....after MONTHS of working on it in OT. doing an EFA test can also prove helpful..... sounds like she has some food allergies and a long history of them. is she on a special diet? have you done IGG and or IGE testing? avoiding gluten casein and soy? your CLO has soy in it from nordic naturals would take that out. try an experiment, here is what results I would expect if I am right. try doing taurine 500 mgs for lunch at first and then supper after 4 days of it at lunch with the Carnintine and or biotin and I bet your stools turn brown supporting my not absorbing fats therory, good news is alot of what you are stuggleing can be undone, it has to do with metabolic imbalence.....)))))




I feel pretty amazed by her answer. I never realized that A.J.'s stool color could indicate a problem with her protein digestion. I am also amazed at this woman just telling me what she thinks and not beating around the bush. I think that autism mom's are so over doctors not giving us useful information, that we just give it to each other.

I have no idea what carnintine biotin or taurine is so my next job is to research that online. I don't know what IGG or IGE testing is so I will ask her that and also look it up. I didn't know the CLO nordic naturals (fish oil) has soy in it.

OK, so I am off to do some research.
Shena

No comments: