Wednesday, January 16, 2008

How do you spell spinich?

Tuesday, January 15, 2008
how do you spell spinich?
Today the threelac came in the mail. It is the probiotic that Jennier McCarthy talks about in her book. She thought that it helped her little boy a lot. It is supposed to tackle candida (yeast) inside the body. Who knows. A.J. took her first dose this evening. It is a fine powder that I put in her diluted, organic apple juice. She was quite happy drinking it all up. She also had some flax seed oil today, but no vitimin.

This morning she was explosive, I don't know why, and it was almost impossible getting her out of the door for school. She just wanted to stand there and didn't want to walk out of the door and get in the car. DH had to carry her out there in his boxers and put her in her car seat. It was 29 degrees outside. (I was holding the back pack, extra clothes and her lunch) Then when we got to school and I was getting her out of the car she said. "Are my friends wearing long sleeves or short sleeves today?"
I said, "Definitely long sleeves."

That seemed to make her happy since she was wearing long sleeves too. I suddenly realized that the reason she often demands short sleeves, even on fairly cold days (she just asks for a sweater that she can take off at school) because she thinks her friends wear short sleeves. I can't believe that she cares about fitting in and what her friends are wearing. I know she likes to fit in but I didn't know she was that aware of it and I was both excited about it, and also a bit sad that she was starting that...I care about dumb stuff like wearing short sleeves on a cold day because I think my friends do it..kind of kid thing. But it is so "typical" of a 4, almost 5-year-old, that I should be very happy.

This evening she was very alert and talked more than she ever has. She was as alert as before her autism set in at age 2. She asked questions. She initiated conversation. She very much enjoyed her dinner too...rice pasta (with fresh organic spinich cooked with the pasta so the pasta would boil in the spinich water) with chicken cut up into tiny pieces, sauteed with ginger and garlic salt. I let her put some parmesan cheese on it too which I know I shouldn't but she loves it and it makes her eat her spinich.

me.

No comments: