Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Christmas Memory Made Today

AJ was so excited and such a big help decorating the Christmas tree this evening. She hung ornaments carefully all over the tree. This is the first year that I didn't have to convince her to hang at least one or two ornaments. She dug into the boxes and found the ones she like and hung them very happily. She was so into it, like with her online games, it was really fun to see. O was really into it too and it was fun to all three be decorating the tree. I put on some Raffi Christmas music and that kind of completed it. DH was at band practice so he missed out, but we had all gone earlier to pick out the tree together which was really fun too...no major melt downs and it wasn't freezing cold.

AJ was a bit explosive this afternoon and I had to put her in time out for hitting me with O's jacket because I interfered with her online video she was watching on Noggin.com, sigh, but one thing that I have been noticing lately, is that since I taught her to make fake crying noises when she does something that she should cry about...such as fall and hurt herself or if she gets in trouble, I have noticed real tears starting to form. It is so weird to have to teach your little girl to cry. Most people are saying "don't cry" and I say, "you are doing such a good job crying." I have to be careful not to say, "don't cry, don't be sad" because she thinks I am really telling her to stop and doesn't realize I am just showing emotion.

Tonight at bedtime O fell asleep by himself no problem and I rubbed AJ's feet until she fell asleep, since DH is worried about giving her melatonin every night.

me.

No comments: