Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Claire's Wedding

My younger sister, Claire, is my best friend on the planet and is pretty much the person I have been closest to my whole life. After our older sister passed, I realize all the time now that when I talk about my past that Claire is in everything I have ever done...ever...and that I really would have to erase my mind of the past if anything happened to her too if I were to keep going. Anyway, enough of that. I actually wanted to write about her wedding that is coming up on December 20th.

She is living in Israel with her man. They met in NY and dated for a year. Then she moved to Israel with him and then they got engaged. They weren't allowed to marry there because she wasn't "jewish enough" and they eloped to Cyprus a couple of months ago. My parents went to the elopement, and so did his parents. I felt awful that I didn't go but I had been dealing with some mild but clinical anxiety (which is completely gone now) and didn't want to deal with a huge trip away from the kids and flying when I was trying to do this pregnancy medication-free.

Soo...I was pretty sad that I was missing her wedding. It didn't seem right, in fact it felt completely wrong. So we are putting together a wedding for them here in town and it is going to be so cool.

Right now I am looking for a dress and I am hoping to find an empire waist dress that is not maternity but won't ride up too much in the front. I have to look fast because I only have a week and a half, but I need to wait until Friday, DH's payday...don't ask.
AJ is excited about her dress. She sees me editing wedding videos all the time and has been asking for months to be a flower girl and wear a "princess dress." So I have been looking on ebay and found a very fruffy one that she is very excited about. When I asked if she wanted this one she said, "Yes, and I now I need something to put in my hair"
So we will have to make her a crown of flowers.

I hope it isn't freezing cold. I hope it is like today, 80 degrees!! And I hope it doesn't rain.
I will write more tomorrow.
me.

No comments: