Thursday, December 11, 2008

Salt and Swelling.........Diet and Ireland (yes, Ireland)..........and Yahoo's cancer article (I swear they do all relate in an eclectic sort of way

Salt and Swelling.........Diet and Ireland (yes, Ireland)..........and Yahoo's cancer article (I swear they do all relate in an eclectic sort of way :)

So one of the autism theories I have read about is the swelling of the brain as a baby/toddler. I think that swelling is an issue with some immunity difficiancy disorders too (I'll check my source on this one before I elaborate.) AJ's head size was way off the charts as a toddler. Now that I am pregnant I keep reading about how eating salty stuff will make you swell. I have been staying away from chips and salt in general, and also I have been trying to keep AJ"s salt intake to a minimum and I think that helps her too.

I think what it boils down to is that we just have to simply give our autism kids healthy, natural food that is low in sugar, salt and is preservative-free (as well as the GFCFSF.) It is kind of like we have to go back to the stone age and give them anything that we ate as hunter/gatherers!!..before we knew how to grind wheat into flower, farm cows or create soy products. Did you know that so many people in Ireland are gluten intolerant that they offer a choice of gluten free crackers for communion in the Catholic Churches there. The theory is the very fast diet switch from mostly potatoes to mostly bread, didn't sit well with much of the population.


I just read an interesting article on Yahoo about how to prevent cancer and it basically said to eat your fresh fruit and veggies. We are all just saying the same things over and over, but not connecting them, and certainly not doing them...me personally included, but I'm going to try.

No comments: