Monday, December 15, 2008

up late

Well first I have to say that the soy experiment continues. My little one has been clear as a bell ever since I got very strict about not having even a tiny bit of it in her diet. Now of course I am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. She probably has always had this major allergy to it and I never figured it out until now.
Anyway, I am up late because she has a high fever and I can't sleep when she is sick like this. Last night she was throwing up all night and DH took care of that since I was very wary of catching a stomach bug while pregnant. She was OK today but said she had a sore throat, and tonight her fever spiked to 102.6 under her arm. So I gave her ibuprofin and just now when I checked on her it was still over 101. She has pulled the covers up over her so I pulled them off and I think she is cooling down. I don't mind a fever, just not one that seems to be too high. She has her school Christmas concert tomorrow and I bought her the cutest outfit for it. I was so excited about going and she was about singing in it. I guess we will see how she is though. I am keeping her out of school and I will have to call to see if there is anything I need to know that she would have brought home from school. sigh.

She always has done remarkably well when she had a fever, but it is less obvious now that I have her off soy and she isn't in a cloud at all recently.

I have been putting away the baby's clothes, the one that I had given to my older sister and that she had in a chest of drawers all ready for her baby. Now it is weird to be putting them in the closet for my little one, knowing they were never worn by her baby. It feels wrong. But what am I supposed to do? I don't know.

me.

No comments: