Friday, March 13, 2009

When are you having that baby?

I have been having contractions for the past 3 days now and thought I was in labor 3 different times! In fact, the kids are at my parent's house right now because I thought I was in labor this afternoon and had my mom leave work and come and get them. They are sleeping at my parent's house but I'm not in labor anymore.

 I went to see Lilly when the contractions were more intense but dying off again...and she checked me and said that I was pretty much the same, maybe 2 cm dialated instead of 1 but that was a stretch. She said I might be in early labor but probably not.

So now over the past few hours from about 10 pm to a little after midnight I get a contraction about once or twice every half-hour or hour. They don't feel like BX contractions, they feel real but apparently they are getting me nowhere. When Lilly checked me today I though that  the baby would be at least a few stations down but no, but no. It is still "way up there." 

People in the hallways of the kid's schools are saying "When are you having that baby?" 

AJ so wants me to have it soon. She is so excited about it. When I dropped her off this morning all the little girls in her class lined up to hug my belly. They all looked so cute in their dresses because it was picture day.  I was thinking about it and even though the waiting is frustrating, I am so lucky to be on the verge of having my 3rd child. He/she is moving around a lot and the kids are happy and I have a lot of support. This afternoon I swept the leaves off the front pathways and thought about the different jobs I've had, and my old apartment in California that was above a fancy restaurant. And I thought about how wonderful it was that here I was sweeping leaves off my very own pathway in my own grassy front yard in 78 degree breezy weather on a street completely pink and white with Azaleas and Dogwoods. I realized it was a very special time.
me

No comments: