Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The cosleeper was not in storage and my mom thinks we gave it to my sister. I'm not asking her husband for it back. But I have a friend who is going to lend me a rocking cradle that we can put next to our bed for a couple of months. I am sad we won't have our beautiful co-sleeper, it was so handy. But we will be able to move the cradle around and perhaps that will be nice. I don't know as I have never had one before. 

I was feeling pretty bad that since DH is a leap year baby, he never gets a good birthday. Last year we had relatives staying and we were grieving terribly and trying to make the kid's birthday a success. So even though he had a birthday, we didn't celebrate it really and he got totally gipped.  This year he didn't have a birthday, and on the 28th, he was off filming the wedding all day and also it is AJ's birthday. Then he was a horrible grump on March 1st and all I gave him was a chocolate bar that said happy birthday on it, because we don't have any money this week.  I finally asked my parents on sunday night to watch the kids and give us $20 to see a movie (I know that is pitiful). We saw Coraline...his pick. But then it ended up not being in 3D like it was supposed to be because the Jonus Bros movie took up that screen. So once again, he was disappointed. So he had a grumpy birthday. 

I was explaining this to my friend, Lisa and she said that we should have a surprise birthday party for him at her house this Friday night. So that is what we are going to do. I don't think this baby is going anywhere so at least the party will be a distraction from the unbearable anticipation. We are going to play Rock Band and we will invite our friends and mostly Lisa's friends because we only have a couple and she has a bunch that we like a whole lot but don't take the time to connect with...even though we should of course. 

AJ had a good day. In fact something wonderful happened this evening. I started dancing to a song that DH was playing on the CD player and then AJ started dancing too. She hasn't danced with me since she was a wee little thing, pre autism really.  We both danced around and then SHE took MY hands and danced with me. I knew it was really special and I was so so happy.
me.

No comments: