Sunday, February 10, 2008

Disney World Day...wow!!

We had an amazing day at Disney. What a difference it made to have the pass that made our rented stroller act as a wheelchair...so we got wheelchair access to the rides. On most rides there was no wait with wheel chair access so we went on tons of them. The kids really just wanted to play in Pooh's Playground the whole time. They would have been perfectly happy if we would hav stayed there all day. But A.J.'s favorite ride was the little roller coaster in the Mickey's House Land...or whatever that part it called. I wouldn't go on the roller coaster. I hate roller coasters and this one looked fast enough to be a problem. "O" doesn't like fast stuff either so we happily waited for A.J and DH to go and come back. The kids were so well behaved and so happy. The snacks and sandwiches I packed (my mom's GFCF bread) and the drinks were the perfect amount. The sun shone all day but it didn't get hotter than 75 degrees. I would have loved to have gone back to a hotel and gone back the next day. But it was still good to stay later. We got the kids a balloon each on the way out, not realized after promising them one that they were $10 each!! Anyway, we had a brilliant day, and I even did OK with the drive, I guess. It was better on the way back for some reason, even though it was in the dark and there was more traffic. I think I was just excited about a great day so the drive was fine. I think the best part about the day was when the kids, especially A.J. got to meet Tigger, Pooh and Darby. They are huge Pooh fans and they got to have hugs and get autographs in the little book we got them. Then when we walked away A.J. turned around and looked right at Daby and said, "Bye Darby."
I looked back and Darby had seen and waved bye to A.J. I think that perfect little moment is burned in my brain forever.

I gave A.J. her second B12 shot tonight. She stirred a bit but didn't wake up.
Goodnight.
:)
me.

2 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama said...

I will be very interested in reading more on the impact og B-12 as we are considering biomed ourselves - the two things we tried so far are CFGF ( no change ) and OMega 3 ( definite change - no magic bullet but CHange)
K , R's mom 3 yr old with ASD

Kate said...

You definitely deserve a break...I was worried that Disney World would be over-stimulating. I'm so glad you had such an incredible day.