Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Methyl B12 shots

If A.J. isn't just having an amazingly great 2 weeks, and if it isn't some remarkable coincidence, then these shots are the best thing that have happened to us.

The first shot at the Dr.s office didn't seem to make a positive difference. She seemed to mouth objects a lot, like the side effects say.

But after the second shot, the one I gave her, she started to do new things. I'll try and list a few:

Call my attention and after I answer, she will either ask or tell me something. (she does this all day long now, as if she has discovered a new magic power.)

Laugh at the dinner table at something funny (she did this tonight when Owen did something silly)

Ask Grandma questions, "What are you doing Grandma?" Or greet Grandma when she comes in the door

Say bye to people when they say bye to her.

Today at her social skills class, after class they told me that difference between last week's eye contact with a ball throwing and catching game...and this weeks eye contact, was a huge improvement. That was the first thing the SLP said when she came out to get us to watch the last few minutes of class and she was excited about it. After the class I told the SLP that we just started the shots and she said she wanted me to bring her some more information about them.

She had just been running around talking all the time, like something has been unlocked in her. She is kind of a pain in the butt now, like her brother is. She requires answering all day long, when she used to only have and hold conversations and stories with her disney figures and toys. It is wonderful.

I feel like today I got to see glimpses of what maybe she would be like if she didn't have autism. Whether that is from the shots, or these new juice plus vitamins. I don't know. Maybe it is a coincidence. But whatever it is, I am really happy about it. Her fine and gross motar skills don't seem to have improved, but her confidence has, which I hope motivates her to perhaps try and pump on the swings.

me.

1 comment:

Kate said...

This is so exciting!