Sunday, February 17, 2008

update

So tonight I am dealing with waves of stabbing pain in my right shoulder blade. I think it is my gaul bladder, and if so, it isn't that big of a deal. I just have to ride out the 4 hour storm.

A.J. has been stimming more and although she is much more verbal, she seems to be kind of freaking out about it. She is "acting like a freakazoid" is how I explain it to DH. She sometimes makes funny noises, she screams more and has been tantrumming harder. The verbal stuff is still poring out of her mouth, but she wants her "paci" all the time and has to take frequent brakes to go to her bed to suck on her paci and chill for a few minutes before she goes an plays again (she is only allowed her pacifier in bed.)

We didn't notice the stimming or sensory frustration being so bad last week. I do realize though that it might be a bit much for her, to have a new awareness so maybe that in itself is sensory overload. I don't know. But if that is the case, it should get better after she gets used to the new awareness. We will see. We have a 3 month supply and will use it all. She has been flinching though the past couple of times I gave her the shot. 4 days ago she moved as I was pushing in the b12 and it ended up squirting all over. It is a red color so I thought it was blood for a couple of minutes and then when I looked at the paper towel I realized her blood isn't hot pink, and that must be the b12. Then last night she flinched again. I came back in twice to try and give her time to fall into a deeper sleep. But now that I am putting alchahol on the skin first, it wakes her up a bit. I finally did it even though she flinched and she still didn't wake up all the way. I am pretty squeemish about the whole thing and am looking forwards to being practiced enough for it comes easily.

My stabbing pain seems to be stopping. It hasn't happened in 7 minutes so maybe It has stopped. I hope so!!!

The kids birthdays are coming up. The party is next weekend.

me.

No comments: