Thursday, April 16, 2009

Emmy is allergic to dairy too

So I don't know if I mentioned this before but I am not eating anything with casein in it because I wanted to cut down the chances of Emmy getting bad colic while nursing. It seems to be working. She is a fairly easy baby unlike my previous 2 difficult little ones. She still has reflux and chokes sometimes, but I so know what to do, that it all feels pretty normal. She doesn't freak out crying for hours every night either. What I do to help her with reflux and stomach cramps seems to calm her and we are both happy.

I cheated:
After my mamagram the other day, Jeff and I got lunch at a local restaurant that I like because it it posh, well priced and all organic and localy grown food. I totally cheated and ate lots of dairy, including cheese and a creamy artichoke dip that was so yummy. Right after that meal, Emmy nursed and her next poop was flourescent green. Today it was finally back yellow again and I think that is so weird that it took a whole week to get back to normal. I know that not getting enough hind milk will turn poop green. But Emmy gets tons of hind milk. In fact, if there were milk behind hind milk she would get that too with how much she treats my boob as pacifiers. We are also dealing with yeast and I have to put All Purpose Nipple Cream on like, every day. That probably isn't good for her stomach either.

I told DH tonight that I am so attached to Emmy that it is like still being pregnant, except louder since she cries at her fussy time...which is only for like an hour at night after I get tired of cluster feeding her and let her cry for a bit while I hold her or while DH holds her.

OK, I'm tired
Goodnight,
me.

No comments: