Thursday, April 16, 2009

Good Morning

I have got the sweetest, prettiest, most laid back baby and I attribute it to a few things. The first is because I am exclusively breast feeding and although it hurt at first and although the thrush thing has been a struggle, it is worth it to not have to listen to her cry after a bottle and not know what to do next, to always have food with me where ever we go and to have that closeness with her. I am not worried about her food because she is growing and pudging up really well.


This morning we slept in until 1 in the afternoon (right now). Jeff dropped the kids off at school this morning and is picking up Owen this afternoon. I was up this morning actually, getting the kids ready for school. But the rest of the morning I slept cuddling with Emmy and feeding her every few hours. She didn't even spit up because I held her upright on my chest for 20 minutes after each feeding. Then she was fine and didn't even have any cramping. This is a very different experience for me!! And this morning she gave me the best smile. I thought I would melt. Yesterday, a mom at AJ's therapy waiting room saw me nursing Emmy in the car and came over to say hi. She told me that when babies smile at this point, it is because the angel who looked after them in the belly are coming to visit them and check on them now, and it makes them smile.

I worry that our mornings are too decadent. I shouldn't be allowed to spend this much amazing quality time with my baby. But I am just going to soak it in while it lasts and enjoy every single tiny second of it. This is what life is all about right here and for some reason, I don't have to rush by it right now.

1 comment:

Karine said...

Enjoy every moment.
There is really only now. So, I believe we should all embrace as much as we can of what it's given to us right this moment.

Lots of love.