Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bit By Bit, Day By Day

So the cold is still going strong and I asked DH to get me some Vicks vapor rub from the store since it seemed like it would be better than taking medication. Then I read on there that if you were pregnant or nursing to ask a dr first. I thought that was silly since I remembered using it as a child and rubbed some on my chest. Oh my God, now my skin is burning and I don't smell any vapors. So I tried to wipe it off with tissues but it isn't helping. hm.

AJ had a good day today. Her teachers were amazed at her eye contact and talkativeness. These are some reasons why perhaps she could be doing so well right now:

1. We started OT in the pool sessions yesterday and will do it every Monday for half an hour. She talked the whole time in the pool then did very well in speech after it. She also did well talking to the kids in the waiting room between OT and speech.
2. I have been giving her hot Epsom Salts bath every night and she LOVES hot baths so that solves the, screaming-when-it-is bath-time problem.
3. I have been keeping up with the b12 shots and she has been much better about them too.
4. I have been strict about sticking to her diet and have also kept salt and sugar very low.
5. Total coincidence

She is the only on in the family who didn't get sick.

I started to read my book last night that I haven't looked at for 7 months. Some of it was pretty good and some was total crap. So I fixed the parts that were awful and I still have more to read and I'm sure, fix. I wrote 40 pages so far which is a pretty good amount I think. Out of all of my dreams and everything I have ever wanted to do, writing a book was always one that I thought I would do. All this other stuff, writing songs and playing out and making documentaries about autism are all dreams that pop up then sort of linger. But the book one has always been there. I tell myself that no one can read it and it will be in a ficticious name so I can write what I want without being embarrassed.  We will see. I guess I could have a "pen name." 

Today the local top 40 radio station called and said they want us to do some local business ads to put on their website. We will see how that pans out. Being offered a job right before having baby #3 isn't quite as exciting as when I don't have a million things to do and think about already. We put the crib up yesterday and today at the park a freind gave me some "girl" clothes as I had been complaining that I only have boy baby clothes and if it was a girl she was going to be dressed in blue all the time. Then right after I had chosen all the pink onzies, my other good friend who is also pregnant just 2 months behind me came up to the blanket and announced she found out today that she is having a girl! So we decided that if mine is not a girl I would give her the whole batch. And if it is a girl I will just pass things down right away. 

I put the girl clothes in the crib drawer.

I read this article about how all these popular brand products have mercury in them, more spcifically in the high fructose corn syrup.  Luckily we only use two popular brand stuff for AJ which is Helmens Real Mayo (2/25/09 we don't give it to her anymore because it has soy in it.) Actually, that is the only thing. I was going to say ketchup but we buy the publix organic which I think is sugar and not HFCS. This is also another reason why I should not drink the Coke I totally crave this pregnancy.

Well, I am tired but I can't stand being so stuffed up when I lie down. I guess I'll just deal. I should be editing but I'm tired.
Good night :)
me.



1 comment:

B said...

it's almost time for baby! best of luck!

Awesome about your book. What is it about?

We also do the B12 shots. He deteriorates if I forget to give them on time. Epsom salts are also key if he is having a highly stimmy day. Keep up the good work!