Saturday, January 3, 2009

It is 11:37 and I have been working on the photo montage again tonight. But before that we had a very fun evening playing the Rock Band video game with friends. The kids had a blast and AJ did some really great singing for 1 song to "Maps" by the "Yeah Yeah Yeah's." They both stayed up late but didn't have major freak outs about going to bed which was nice. The house is clean since, well, we cleaned it before our friends came over. DH made dinner, he made pasta and fake meat sauce (AJ had to have sauce with no fake meat as it has soy in it, and her own rice pasta.) Our Ikea dining room table is so small we could barely fit around it but we managed and the salad and garlic bread were outstanding.

I've been very nervous about what is going on in Israel since my younger sister is there. She is in Tel Aviv which is hopefully far enough away from the bombings. But I hate that they are angering the rest of the world with their attacks and I wish this could be resolved quickly without people dying. Most of all I wish she would move back tomorrow and not wait.

1 comment:

AshleyLeo said...

Hi Me. Thanks for visiting my blog. You sound like an amazing mom that's been through SO MUCH. I totally empathize about your loss. I just can't imagine.

I also agree what you say about Israel. It's so heart breaking and awful. I hope your sister will be okay.

I wanted to let you know that I have a main website in addition to my blog where you posted. It's at http://www.hiddenrecovery.com. You may be able to relate or find it helpful since my son is older.

Having a high functioning child like yours isn't easy, and many times it's harder because it's not so black and white what she needs and what her deficits are. I'm sure you've already seen this.

Anyway, thanks again for stopping by and I hope your daughter continues to progress. If you ever need to brainstorm, I am here. Us moms have to stick together! Cheers, ashley