Friday, January 16, 2009

Day to Day

I am constantly baffled by how different AJ is on a day to day basis. This evening she has a quick response/processing time with eye contact, answering questions and just good behavior. This is following three day of sensory misery...stumbling around, practically falling off the bed when I was trying to do her hair this morning for school, ignoring me, making odd noises and screaming randomly. But tonight, she was happy, no weird noises, no falling about or stimming off my pregnant belly by wiping her nose on it. She was just happy, talkative, responsive, had eye contact and I just don't understand it.

We gave her her shot yesterday evening and sometimes is takes some time to work. But I think it probably has more to do with that a few days ago she had about 4 good days in a row and I gave her m-n-m's in the car when she was doing well and we let her have some real cheese on her rice pasta. I think that if I cheat with the diet, then in a couple of days she will just loose it. The confusing part is when it doesn't happen right away...so it is very hard to pinpoint the cause.

I'm still sad about her lack of friend situation at school, and my lack of ability to connect with the parents of the other girls in her class. I will keep working on it, gently, and try not to worry so much. I have a feeling that things may change or get better. And if they don't, we will still figure something out for my little one.

I'm 33 weeks now and starting to see elbows move under my skin. It is remarkable and a little overwhelming at the same time. I think we are going to be OK though. I am trying to get these next two weddings edited before the baby is born so I am going to have to really work hard over the next two weeks, as I also have photo montages to do asap as they are going to be shown soon.

goodnight,
me.

No comments: