Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So now it is the evening and it has been a little bit of an emotional day. I have been keeping my feelings in check very well this last home stretch of the pregnancy. But today I was a bit weepy. 

Something really good  happened though...
The mom who I have been asking over and over to get our girls together and who said yes but no plans, (who said I was amazing) called me today. She said that she got the letter about AJ and that she  had no idea that AJ had autism and that it was a really great letter. She told me that she had often suggested to her little girl that she get together and play with AJ but her daughter said that AJ just wasn't interested in her. She said that now she knew why. She said that she also wanted to rsvp for the party and that her daughter was coming.

So that made me weepy with relief. It was like a problem solved really. Oh the wonders of communication. I guess this time, in this situation, it was worth the risks of communication.

I spoke on the phone to a friend this afternoon about everything that is going on and that I have been blogging about. She was totally there for me and after I talked to her I felt refreshed and validated and relieved. I realized that out of all the stuff that is weighing on me right now, the thing that was bugging me the most was the completely minor issue of no Valentines present. So when DH called this afternoon I told him that, even though it felt petty and embarrassing to say. He was nice about it.  He said he would have to pick the flowers since we are waiting on a few late checks from clients. I said yes, that would be nice. The Azaleas are starting to bloom all over town :)

Something else good happened today. I got a thank you letter from a client about a photo montage I did for her. She completely gushed about it, saying amongst other things that it was "Completely magical and exceeded their every expectation." It was a bit much but definitely made me feel like it was worth the hard work with the of tons of quotes and scrolling text,  and the issues of trying to edit photos to music of which the specifically meaningful lyrics were in Greek. The very best part of her note was that she included a check $  that she owed, and that I had expected last week. So tonight after DH got back from his late meeting, he went right out to deposit the check and buy groceries.

So today was a good day...not quite sure why I cried through it.
Me.


No comments: