Sunday, February 22, 2009

still pregnant

Today was remarkable.  I'm trying to think of why. I am just enjoying this happiness that I feel like my pregnancy has brought me, like an unexpected gift in every form. My clinical anxiety has been almost none-existent after the first trimester and the aches and pains have been minimal. 

This morning after my shower brunch I stopped eating diary. So now I will be able to nurse with no dairy in my milk that might cause colic or stomach problems. My mom made me some bread with no dairy in it. It is yummy and organic and fresh too. I had a turkey and tomato sandwich with mustard instead of mayo, and I put some olive oil on it too since I hate dry sandwiches but oh it was not the same without that Helmens Real Mayo. Oh, I'm cutting out soy too and Helmens has soybean oil in it. 

The happiness of expecting has been soaking in. I fearfully realize though that it might come crashing down if the baby is born with Downs or anything else that is difficult to deal with as a family. This might be my last few days/weeks of blissful happiness well, ever. I know that sounds nuts and I know it is not likely. But whatever. I will deal with whatever comes my way and make the very best of it. I will love and care for my child no matter what...no matter what. 

AJ has had a wonderful weekend. She talked up a storm both days and was excited to talk about her birthday party to her Grandad today who bought us a new washer and dryer. We put them in the shed that now has electricity and water hooked up thanks to DH and my dad. They just have to put outlets in and we can plug em in and not have to go to my parent's house to do laundry anymore. I can't wait to be able to wash towels more often.

A friend gave me a bunch of glass baby bottles and has also offered to give me her cloth diapers. Now that we have a washing machine I  can do cloth. She said they are hot pink though, so if it is a boy he will look kind of funny. I will just have to keep those onzies snapped I guess. It is nice of her to pass those on to me because they are too expensive for me to buy. 

Bye for now,
me.

No comments: